Sakse + Researchers
Sakse has been working with researchers and academia since we started. Kachin is a gold mine for researchers looking for new frontiers for their research.
The Sakse archive functions as the defacto national visual archive. While our progress is modest now, we are looking to greatly expand this project.
We are currently working with a major US university to provide all the images for an upcoming book. Previously, we have curated and organized a showcase of contemporary photography from Burma at the University of Colorado and are looking to collaborate with other academic institutions.
Due to the 70 year conflict, almost all of Kachin has been closed off leaving Kachin state inaccessable to most researchers.
Obtaining permission to travel or research is nearly impossible for most cases in Kachin, but for now we suggest to look through our growing archive of images and video to see what you can learn from the visuals and captions we created.
The Sakse archive was created to make these images available to the public. It also helps generate valuable income for local media makers. We have sold images to major media outlets, museums, book publishers, local & international NGO’s.
Visit the archives dedicated website
We have accepted well over one hundred interns from acedemic institutions all around the world. These internships are based at our studio in Chiang Mai, Thailand but can also function on a remote basis.
We would love to collaborate with anyone who seeks to:
- Interview our members who are specialized in a variety of topics concerning Kachinland.
- Get consultation about envisioning or running projects in this largely inaccessible region.
- Receive assistance in generating or developing original ideas and research topics.
- Assistance in seeking local permission to conduct research or run a variety of projects.
- Connect with our locally based artists who have unparallel access and networks to create original commissioned works for your research/publication.